Phoenix Point Year One Edition PS4 Game
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is the definitive version of the acclaimed strategy game from the creator of X-COM, collecting all previous DLC, updates, and additional content.
The Earth has been overrun. A mutating, alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. Only the Phoenix Project, a secret organisation of the greatest minds and bravest soldiers left on earth, can repel the aliens and reverse the inevitable. It is up to you to lead the Phoenix Project: research and develop new technologies and techniques, explore a ravaged planet, build your bases, manage resources on a global scale, and fight challenging, turn-based battles.
But you won't be alone. Factions, including the militaristic New Jericho, the mystical Disciples of Anu, and the technophiles of Synedrion, have their own values and views. You can choose to work together to unite mankind and take back the planet via Phoenix Point's diplomacy system, or you can simply crush all your rivals with military might. No matter what you choose, you are in for a brutal challenge and endless replayability.
- First time on console with tons of content: The Year One Edition of Phoenix Point includes all previously released content: 3 DLC Packs (Blood & Titanium DLC, Legacy of the Ancients DLC, and the Living Weapons Pack) and a slew of updates, upgrades, quality-of-life improvements, and community-driven tweaks and fixes.
- Next-Gen Tech with Classic Pedigree: Phoenix Point was designed by Julian Gollop, the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s. Integrating the core ethos of X-COM while updating the visuals, technology, and systems to modern standards has made Phoenix Point best-in-class.
- Mutating Alien Menace: Face down a mutating alien threat that adapts to your tactics and constantly challenges you.
- Turn-based Squad Battles: Deploy your squad of four or more soldiers and drones in tactical, turn-based battles.
- Take Aim on the Battlefield: Phoenix Point lets you take direct control of your soldier's shots in combat, with a unique free-aiming system. Target enemy weak spots, weapons, or valuables, or just go for centre mass.
- The Geoscape Is Reborn: Utilise a strategic view of the world situation, to plan operations and manage resources on a global scale.
- Deep and Extensive Soldier Development: Customise your soldiers with unique skills and a vast array of weapons and equipment.
- Intricate and Challenging Boss Battles: Face intense boss fights against large, mutating monsters with unique abilities, that require precise planning and targeting.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Pandoravirus: Experience a complex narrative with multiple possible endings, as you learn about the origins of the Pandoravirus through exploration, diplomacy, and research.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: The Phoenix Project is not the only organisation trying to reclaim the Earth. The militaristic New Jericho, the mystical Disciples of Anu, and the technophiles of Synedrion all offer unique rewards for co-operation and threats for opposition. It is up to you to decide how, or even if, to deal with them.
- Living Weapons Pack
- The Living Weapons Pack adds new in-game missions that, upon completion, unlock three pieces of exclusive, powerful equipment: the Samnu Armour Set, the Danchev AR (Acid Assault Rifle), and the Danchev MG (Poison Machine Gun).
- Blood and Titanium (DLC 1)
- Expand the power and versatility of Phoenix Point operatives with cybernetic augmentations. Unlock new abilities for your soldiers, new research projects, and new approaches to tactical combat. But beware: enemies will bring cybernetics to bear against your team, too.
- Legacy of the Ancients (DLC 2)
- Discover an ancient human civilization facing down its own mutant threat, and harness their knowledge and tools in service of the Phoenix Project. New units, new mission types, new research, new maps, new weapons and armour, and a brutal challenge.